Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Years Resolutions

We all make new years resolutions at the end of the year, and try to convince ourselves that we are going to keep at making them work. But how many resolutions are still being followed a few days after the beginning of January? If you're anything like me, they are all broken by the 3rd of January.

With this in mind, I decided this year that I would not make any resolutions. I am making writing goals instead.

I will start small - one submission a month. Possible, yes. Doable, definitely. Then there's my blog, and my critique group.

So, there's plenty to keep me busy.

What are you going to do make resolutions, or make goals? Whatever you choose, I wish you luck and success.

I am determined to make 2010 my best writing year yet. Are you?

3 comments:

Terrie said...

Thank you, an the same back to you

Word Designer said...

I think there should be a movement or something to do away with New Year's Resolutions. haha. Nah! I find it a lot easier to just avoid making 'em.

Wordy
Word Designer

Terrie said...

Lol, I agree with that. Don't make them, can't break them