Saturday 23 January 2010

When Life gets in the way

As 2010 dawned, I made a promise to myself that I would add a post to my blog every day, well most days anyway, and I would write everyday, no question about it.

Well, as the days have changed to weeks, I still haven't added a daily post to my blog, and my writing has all but gone by the wayside.

The annoying thing is as I said in my title, life has got in the way. There is housework, shopping, a disabled son, telephone calls, to name but a few things. My best intentions never bring about the achievements I strive for.

But, although "Life" is a natural part of the day to day workings of the world, I know that one day, hopefully sooner rather than later, I will be where I want to be. I will not give up. We can all reach our goals, climb that mountain no matter how high, and just be who and what we want to be.

Do you have the problem of how do I reach my goal, how do I climb that mountain? I do it by carrying on carrying on.

Someone once gave me a picture - a stork trying to swallow a frog. The frog is hanging on for dear life head in the birds beak, and feet around its neck. He is doing everything he can to avoid being swallowed. On mention of the picture, the person in question told me that he felt it suited me as I never seemed to give up. No matter how hard things get, although I might moan about it, want to give up on it, or just forget about it altogether, I always find some way of bouncing back.

So, my question to you is:
When "Life gets in the way" how do you deal with it?

No comments: