Friday 1 January 2010

A New Day, A New Year

As I write this the clock has just struck 8am on January 1st 2010. I sit here and think of the things I am hoping to achieve in this new year.

There are many things, that come to mind, but my greatest priority is to get my writing life in order. I have procrastinated through 2009. That voice has kept saying "Oh, tomorrow is another day", "Publishers don't want your stories, they're not good enough", " Just do this first, and then write".

There has always been something to stop me writing. And, yet, while that little voice nags me to not submit. There is that other voice that tells me to do more.

So which one do I listen to?

I could listen to the procrastination voice. I know where that will lead me - straight down the road to nowhere. But I will listen to the other voice. It is time to get my writing hat on, to put aside all the things that keep me from writing, and to get those babies on paper and out to those publishers who I know are waiting for them.

So, as I write this, I know that my first task is to set my goals for this brand new year. What are they? I think #1 will be to submit at least one story every month this year. Doable, yes, achieveable, definitely.

2010, here I come. No New Years resolutions. They are too easily made and too easily broken. This new year will bring dreams to reality, words to paper, and achievements to be proud of.
I thank everyone who has read my blog for taking the time to visit.

My wish for you all for 2010 is success in all that you do. May this be a happy and prosperous writing year for us all.

7 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Hear! Hear! I'm right there, cheering you on. You can do it. And I'm anxious to read your works.

This is a copy of the same message I am posting in other places. I wanted to visit and thank everyone who has visited or followed any of my blogs. I have so enjoyed this new experience and look forward to getting to know each of you better. May this be a year of joy and prosperity for everyone.

Happy New Year!!!

Keep a hug on,

~ Yaya
Yaya's Changing World

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights

Word Designer

Kristi Faith said...

You can do it Terrie! :0) Here's to many successes in 2010!

Terrie said...

Thank you guys. I have been held up mainly with looking after my disabled son. We now have a Social Worker who is actually getting things done. So we should have some services for him soon. Then my rime will be my own for writing. I can't wait. I wish you both every success in what you do through 2010.

Unknown said...

You can do it. Go check out Dean Wesley Smith's blog starting with motivation #1 and work your way forward. Lots of great technique and tips for setting those goals and then achieving them http://www.deanwesleysmith.com. I am using his suggestions for setting my goals.

Terrie said...

Thanks for the link Angelia. I am on my way to check it out. I am feeling pretty positive about 2010. There are a few things to put in place, but I'm sure that once everything is done, I will find more and more time to write. Hopefully one day I will be looking for things to write rather than wondering when I can get round to writing.

My first submission goes out in a few days. I'm hoping it's the first of many.

AKM said...

OK I am officially here and returning the favor of blog follower. You have many things on your plate and i applaud your efforts. I am happy to hear that your son is getting the services that he needs

Terrie said...

Thanks for the lovely words AKM. Good luck with your blog, and thank you for following my blog.